All of us at SynerVision Leadership Foundation and Nonprofit Performance Magazine wish you a safe, healthy, and fulfilling 2017. May all of your wishes, dreams, and goals come true for you, your family and friends, and your organization.
– Terrance DeShaun Smith To attract brand ambassadors, advocates, and donors, nonprofits must build a platform and a movement. This allows us to capture attention and communicate with our audience. We must build trust, create an experience, and engage our audience cleanly, clearly and concisely. Building Trust: Patience, Compassion, and Tolerance Building trust starts…Details
– Scott Koorndyk As the leader of a nonprofit organization focused on accelerating the transition of ideas from the research laboratory to the marketplace, I’m fascinated by great innovations. Those innovations contain great lessons for those of us in the business of ideas. One of my favorites is the story behind the invention of…Details
– Brian Sooy The first words I heard from my colleague were “There are no chance meetings. I was supposed to come to see you.” Whether guided by divine appointment or the intent of purposeful relationship, there are no chance meetings for those who are champions for a cause. Every interaction is an opportunity…Details
– Betsy Westhafer “Leadership is all about relationships and to be in relationship (with anyone) is to be vulnerable. Every single day, leaders are called to navigate uncertainty, risk, and emotional exposure – the only choice is to do it consciously or unconsciously; to lean into the vulnerability or to push it away.” –…Details
– Della Britton Baeza Established in 1973 by Rachel Robinson to perpetuate the memory of her husband, The Jackie Robinson Foundation (JRF) is one of the nation’s oldest and most effective college scholarship programs supporting minority college and graduate school students throughout the United States. JRF’s two-pronged approach provides generous, four-year grants in conjunction…Details