Moving Spirits, Building Lives
Church Musician as Transformational Leader
Print Edition (paper back)
Hugh Ballou orchestrates success with Transformational Leader around the world with his unique and effective leadership skills developed in over 40 years working as conductor or orchestras and choirs. He has 4 books in print and 15 online leadership programs and e-books for church, nonprofit, and business leaders.
The skill set of planning for success, constructing powerful goals, and delegating with authority are consistent themes where many leaders underperform.
Ballou’s unique ability in inspire and motivate event the most difficult of audiences has made him the expert in the field of Transformational Leadership. Transformational Leaders build strong leaders on teams that are motivated, focused and highly effective in setting and implementing powerful goals.
Moving Spirits, Building Lives: The Church Musician as Transformational Leader
Is a full course on transformational leadership from the perspective of a church musician. It deals with topics like basic leadership skills, church conflict,building consensus, publicity, and many other topics that challenge church leaders.
[membership_download_item_pdf link=”http://www.hughballou.com/MSBLChapter3.pdf” + target=”_self”]Download the Sample Chapter Here[/membership_download_item_pdf]
TABLE OF CONTENTS
• Why my faith leads me to servant leadership
• Why this book?
SECTION ONE: Understanding Your Calling
1. Vision and Purpose – Know why has God given you this talent?
2. Goals – Know EXACTLY where you are going
3. Excellence – Be the very best in your profession!
SECTION TWO: Relationships are Transformational
4. The Minister/Musician Dynamic – Know and respect your roles
5. The Staff as a Team – Learn to network with colleagues
6. The ‘Members in Ministry’ Team – Learn to recruit, delegate and motivate talented volunteers
SECTION THREE: Effective Leaders are Transformational
7. Getting Things Done – Choosing priorities, running meetings and ordering our time
8. Meetings, Meetings, Meetings – Effective Time Use, Building Consensus
9. Publicity – Transform the Energy and Effectiveness of Your Programs
SECTION FOUR: Be the Leader
10. Professional Concerns – Act in a professional manner
11. Leadership – Becoming a Transformational Leader
SECTION FIVE: Now What?
12. Application of Skills – Developing a Plan for Your Future Success!
I. Goals Principles and Worksheet
II. Meeting Facilitation Design Worksheet
III. Publicity Checklist, PSA, and News Release