Home › Forums › Self-Management for Nonprofit Leaders: How to Stay Centered › 5 Daily Practices to Nurture Your Inner Power
- Russell DennisKeymasterSeptember 27, 2019 at 1:32 pmPost count: 1
Here are the ways I keep myself grounded and elicit the support I need to be at my best to serve others
1. Daily contact with “Truth Tellers” in my life. These are coaches, mentors, and accountability partners who remind me what I’m doing and to keep commitments I make to myself and others.
2. Make a gratitude list identifying 10 things every day.
3. Experience feelings that come up everyday without judgment. They are not permanent and will pass. Always remember, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line. They only linger when we refuse to feel them.
4. Be teachable. I am careful who I listen to, always willing to learn, and always willing to accept change.
5. Step into a consistent mindfulness practice. Meditation is learning to be with myself in the present moment and being a good host to whatever shows up. I am not trying to fix or change anything, I’m simply experiencing each moment as it unfolds.
- The forum ‘Self-Management for Nonprofit Leaders: How to Stay Centered’ is closed to new topics and replies.