Delegation Leadership2020-07-17T14:44:33-04:00
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Way back when I was quite a bit younger working in the hospitality industry (private club and Conference Centers) I went from a relatively small organization to a much larger one. Imagine going from one job with 60-70 employees to one with more than 1000. It took some ramping up. I quickly got toasty, but not quite burned to a crisp.

As soon as I got my feet firmly planted, I set off to delegate as much of the responsibilities to oversee a 250,000 square foot facility sitting on 15 acres. We had indoor and outdoor swimming pools, indoor and outdoor tennis courts, a complete spa, fitness center, private dining as well as Member Fine Dining Rooms. On top of that, I also was responsible for a banquet and conference center (within the same building but segregated from the private club) whose largest room seated 2500 people.

Delegation saved my life, as I would not have been able to perform at peak, so bumps were smothered, problems eliminated, strategic planning and tactics were implemented on time, and to borrow a cliche. ran like a Swiss Watch.

My point is that trying to do everything one’s self is not only unproductive, but it’s also physically and emotionally dangerous. The average stress of a day is amplified exponentially when not willing to trust others with part of the load. Do yourself, your organization, your family, and your future by identifying quality people and trusting them to accomplish your well-thought-out tactical plans.
    There is an old adage, “it is lonely at the top.” To resolve that, lead others to the pinnacle with you.

Sandy Birkenmaier
    Keymaster

How does one go about doing the delegation? It seems that once someone has been identified as the go-to person, there is a tendency to delegate more and more to that one person. When overdone, that can create anywhere from burnout to resentment in the person who has been gifted with the new duties and responsibilities.

Sai

I agree that doing everything yourself is unproductive and that delegation is necessary to reach large scale goals. How did your organization have effective communication and ensuring standards were met on large projects?

Sai

I agree that doing everything yourself is unproductive and that delegation is necessary to reach large scale goals. How did your organization have effective communication and ensuring standards were met on large projects?

Sai

Sai

Sai

Sai

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Delegation Leadership
Your information:

Go to Top