Submit an Article
You are invited to submit an article for Nonprofit Professional Performance 360 Magazine and our blog roll. The magazine is published 3-4 times annually, and the blog roll is constantly adding new content of interest to nonprofit leaders. Our readers include those in community charities, purpose-driven charities, religious institutions, educational institutions, and government-funded programs. Readers are seeking new ideas for leadership that will help equip them for the powerful work needed in the social benefit sector we represent. Our leadership makes a difference.
Articles should be submitted to our editorial team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recurring topics for articles:
Member Engagement: getting and keeping members involved with the cause
Design Corner: how the visual impacts our work
Nonprofits that Work: case study of a successful lesser-known nonprofit
Board Relations: keeping the board of directors enthusiastic and involved with the cause
Strategy: putting a strategic plan, that delivers the vision and mission, in effect and sticking with it
Executive Office: tools and systems to move beyond traditional thinking
Academic Desk: discussion of research and resources
Stewardship: managing resources of people, time, money, etc.
Team Building: improving cohesiveness in staff, volunteers, boards, and committees
Our Next Theme: Transitions
Here are our guidelines for submissions:
- Please include a brief personal biography with your article. This may include information on reaching you (e.g., website, email address, Twitter address). Please include your mailing address so that we can send you a copy of the completed magazine.
- Please send a high-definition headshot of yourself. This should be at least 150 dpi and the file size should be at least 150 KB. Right-clicking on the photo and choosing Properties will generally provide this information. You may also send a high-definition image file of your book cover, if applicable.
- You must send your text, photo, and any graphics as separate files. We cannot accept embedded photos and/or graphics or links to web pages.
- Your copy submissions must be sent as Microsoft Word file attachments (we prefer those) or in the body of an email. No other word processing programs or text files will be accepted.
- Acceptable formats for photos and graphics are JPEG/JPG, AI, EPS, or TIFF. PDFs cannot be accepted. Photos need to be free of any added text.
- One-page articles should be 650-700 words. Two-page articles should be 1300-1400 words. These limits include your biography, but do not include the article title or your name. If these limits are a challenge for you, we can edit your article down to the appropriate size.
- Please check and adhere to submission deadlines for appropriate issues. Feel free to submit articles for consideration for a future issue or for the blog roll.
- All submissions are subject to editing.
Please send submissions to email@example.com.
We can all increase our outreach opportunities to make a significant positive difference in the world by working together in collaboration and conversation. We encourage you to do any or all of the following:
- Let your followers know, through any forms of social media you use, about your contribution to Nonprofit Professional Performance 360 Magazine.
- Introduce us to others who might benefit from knowing us.
- Tell us about people who you think might be good contributors to Nonprofit Professional Performance 360 Magazine.